I work in transportation human factors engineering and research for land, sea, and air. My work in usability/UX includes user interface design, design guide development, empirical testing, and expert evaluation. My human factors research focuses on automation, displays, and security and safety processes. I've advanced degrees in engineering and psychology and been working in the field since 1995. My contributions to this site are my personal opinion and do not represent the policies or position of my employer or any of its associated agencies. Not that anyone was wondering.
Top Network Posts
- 148When to use icons vs. icons with text vs. just text links?
- 92How Do I Avoid Users Becoming Numb to Warnings?
- 87"Your" vs "My" in user interfaces
- 54Why did the mouse beat the light pen, paddle, and other pointing devices?
- 49Is it bad practice to mark a field as required but not really require it?
- 48Should checkbox labels be to the right or the left?
- 46Is scrolling better than clicking to reveal more content?
- View more network posts →