I am casually interested in user interface of software.
The quotes I like:
The best user interface is no user interface.
(I do not know the source. I remember that I had read this in “About Face: The Essentials of User Interface Design” by Alan Cooper (Wiley, 1995) but I do not know if this is his invention.)
When you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. Your tastes only narrow & exclude people. So create.
(By why the lucky stiff, the Ruby legend; see an impressive exposition by Jin Yang.)
Top Network Posts
- 109Why is “cannot” spelled as one word?
- 52Is it acceptable to extend results from an arXiv paper that has not appeared in a journal?
- 50How important is knowing how to program for TCS?
- 36"log in to" or "log into" or "login to"
- 35Distinguish close votes by reason
- 31Is Gap-3SAT NP-complete even for 3CNF formulas where no pair of variables appears in significantly more clauses than the average?
- 30Did ありがとう come from Portuguese "obrigado"?
- View more network posts →