I started as a FORTRAN programmer, paid my dues writing C and X11/Motif, switched to Perl, discovered Tk, and from that, Tcl, and spent the next decade plus writing cross-platform GUIs in Tcl/Tk.
I then spent three years using python and a smattering of ruby to create a cross-platform automated testing framework. I am now working in an all-Windows shop, again building an automated testing framework and still using Python.
I was profiled as python developer of the week at http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2015/03/02/pydev-of-the-week-bryan-oakley/
The open source projects I currently am active on are:
- The Robot Framework Hub - A web app and RESTful API for accessing robot framework test assets
- Robot framework extension for the brackets open source editor.
I also maintain a sporadically-updated blog at boakley.github.io, focused mainly on my work with the robot framework.
Top network posts
- 354How to get file creation & modification date/times in Python?
- 295How to get full path of current file's directory in Python?
- 148Strangest language feature
- 135How can I reload .emacs after changing it?
- 110How to explain that sample size does not influence project length
- 94What is the difference between requirements and specifications?
- 76How do I set the size of Emacs' window?
- View more network posts →